The NYC Service Fellowship offers a unique opportunity to obtain practical City government experience in the areas of volunteerism and community service at the City level. The centerpiece of this year-long fellowship, offered to recent college graduates, is a work experience at NYC Service — Mayor Michael R Bloomberg’s comprehensive program to engage more New Yorkers in volunteer service and target those volunteers towards the City’s greatest areas of need.
Am I eligible?
• Applicants must be recent graduates, no more than two full years out of college. We accept applications from students who achieved their undergraduate degree in Spring of 2013, 2012 or 2011.
• Eligibility is based on when you achieved your undergraduate degree.
• Applicants must have one year service related experience.
• Fellows must be prepared to participate in the program on a full-time basis for one full year. While a NYC Service Fellow, fellows may not have any additional job and may not attend graduate studies. This Fellowship requires a full time commitment.
• Fellows must meet the eligibility requirements to work in NYC, i.e. full compliance with the I-9 form from US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
What do I get out of this?
Fellows, who in addition to meeting all other stated requirements, must have one year service related work experience are paid a taxable stipend of $45,768.
How can I get involved?
Check out the following link for more info and the application: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/nycservice.shtml or email email@example.com with any questions. The deadline is TODAY! Apply now and get involved!